The 7th and final step of the system check is the connection speed check. It double-checks all of the connections established in the previous checks. It also makes sure that your overall connection speed is high enough for you to participate in the virtual classroom session without any interruptions or disconnections.
Troubleshooting tips for the connection speed check
In case you experience issues on this step:
- Make sure that all applications which use your connection (i.e. torrents, download managers, messengers, etc.) are turned off;
- In case you are using Wi-Fi, make sure that you are as close to the router as possible;
- If you are still getting an error after moving close to the router, try switching to a cable connection;
- After performing the above steps, please ensure that your internet connection speed is over the minimum requirements (check those here) for using the virtual classroom. To check your connection speed, you may visit http://beta.speedtest.net/ or a similar online source for checking connection speed;
- If your speed meets the minimum requirements, please try refreshing the page using the F5 key on your keyboard and go through the check again.
- If all else fails, there may be connection issues or problems with your Internet Service Provider in your area. You may contact them to check if this is the case;
As always, if you are experiencing issues following any of the above steps, you may contact our Customer Support team for help. You can reach them by clicking the Chat with us button in the lower right corner of the page. Alternatively, you can send them an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you enter the room successfully for the first time, you can go through our Virtual Classroom tutorial, which will help you familiarise yourself with the functionalities and tools in the room. You can start by taking a look at the Functional Windows article by clicking the link below: