VEDAMO is GDPR and FERPA compliant.
By continuing to browse our website, you are agreeing to the following:
What information do we collect?
The Provider may collect your information so that we can constantly improve our products and provide you with the best possible service. It is important for Users to be aware of the type of information that the Provider collects.
The aggregated information that the Provider collects is such data by which it is not possible for a particular user to be to identified. Such sort of information is also: time zone; the connection speed of the user to the servers of the Provider; network connection data, and so on.
- Social networks - when you use your existing social network account;
- Service providers who help us determine the location of your IP address;
- Partners with whom we offer joint services or are engaged in joint marketing activities;
If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested, we may not be able to fully provide you with certain services and personalized features, and may limit the special offers we can offer. The various types of information that we collect from you depends on the services you use and the way you interact with us. The data we collect may include the following:
- Personal contact information - we collect your name, email address, telephone, address, and other similar contact details;
- Identification data - we collect your account login information, password and username, and security email address used to authenticate and access your account;
- Demographic information - this includes any information that describes your demographic characteristics, such as age, gender, country, and preferred language;
- Location data - includes your location obtained from your IP address or data that indicates a specified or associated with you physical address;
- Device data - we collect and use device information through which you access and use our products and services, including information that your browser or the mobile app sends when you are using it. This data may include your unique device identifier, IP address, your browser type and configuration, the date and time of your use of the product or service, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Payment information - we provide you with the opportunity to pay our services with debit and credit cards through a payment service provider. Please note that only the payment service provider collects and processes the full information from your debit and credit cards.
- Content - We collect content from your files and communications in order to provide you with the services you have requested, including: when you share a file in the Virtual Classroom or in the Learning Management System, use the chat features provided in the virtual classroom, or send and receive messages in the Learning Management System.
- We also collect the information that you provide us with and the content of the messages you send to us, such as feedback, inquiries, and additional information. When you contact us, phone calls and chat sessions with our representatives can be viewed or recorded.
- Video and audio recordings - In order to provide our services, we store video and audio archives from the sessions held in the virtual classroom with the explicit consent of the User.
How and Why Do We Process Personal Data?
The Provider collects personal information in various ways. In most cases, we receive information directly from the Users in order to provide them with customer service, including responses to your inquiries. Personal information is collected during the following circumstances:
- When a User registers on our website
- When implementing pre-contractual and contractual arrangements
- In the case of, or in connection with, performance, modification, completion, or termination of the use of a service (when executing requests from Users, in the course of customer service, etc.)
The collection of personal data is done in order to:
- Process necessary information so that we may improve and provide the relevant services:
- We process User and customer data to ensure that the services provided are consistent with the concluded contracts.
- We process User and customer data so that we can provide them with the agreed upon services.
- We process User and customer data for customer service purposes in view of performance of the agreed services, including for the purpose of the identification (including physical one) of each User by our customers for the normal pursuit of their business activities.
- Fulfill legal obligations:
- We process personal data in accordance with applicable law, which states that we are obliged to provide information to competent authorities.
- We process the data of our Users when we are obliged to assist competent state and/or municipal authorities in conducting inspections.
- We process consumer data in order to comply with obligations arising from accounting and tax legislation.
- Process data that is necessary to protect the interests of the Provider:
- We process personal data when conducting internal analyses to improve the services offered by the Provider and to develop new ones.
- We process the personal data of consumers to investigate consumer satisfaction with the Provider's services.
- We process the personal data of Users in marketing campaigns, subject to the explicit consent of the User to be involved in such initiatives.
- We process personal data when it is necessary to settle legal disputes.
- We process personal data if we consider it necessary to investigate, protect, or take action in connection with illegal or suspected illegal activities, as well as to protect and assert the rights, property, or security of the Provider.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information and Under What Conditions?
We share personal data with your consent or based on the need to provide a service to:
- Personal data processors - Personal data processors are individuals that process your personal data submitted by you on behalf of the Provider on the basis of an agreement. They are not allowed to process personal data for purposes other than the performance of the work assigned to them by the Provider. These include law firms, accounting companies, or other providers of consulting services.
- Customers of the Provider - We use Users’ information on behalf of and under the instruction of our customers, with which the Users have established relationships in connection with the delivery of customers’ services and who therefore administer Users’ personal and other data. We use and share the information in accordance with our agreement with our customers in order to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the products and services. Our customers have the right and the obligation to determine additionally how Users’ information is used depending on the relationships established with g the relevant Users.
- Partners of the Provider - In order to provide certain services to its Users , the Provider concludes contracts with third parties (partners). In connection with the provision of relevant services, it is sometimes necessary to provide the relevant partners with the personal data of consumers. An example of this is when a User decides to take advantage of the built-in Chat Channel on the Site to send a request to the Customer Service Department. In this case, it is necessary for the Provider to provide the personal information of the user to Zendesk.
- Banks and payment institutions - in connection with the processing of payments to consumers executed by bank or through a payment institution, it is necessary to exchange data between the Provider and the respective bank or payment institution.
- Competent authorities in relation to the fulfillment of statutory obligations.
- Third parties in connection with the transformation, merger, or transfer of units.
Privacy and Security of Personal Information
The confidentiality and security of your information is of paramount significance to us. We use industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures that ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information, which we will not share with Third Parties except in the cases stated in this statement or when we are confident that such sharing is necessary in particular cases, such as preventing abuse or malicious action. All of the information that you exchange with the Site is encrypted using industry-standard SSL protocol, as any other webpage in the system is available exclusively via https://www.vedamo.com. However, it is your obligation to secure login data credentials.
Storing, Updating, or Deleting Your Personal Information
The Provider stores personal data for Users for as long as is necessary to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. In order to meet our tax and accounting obligations, data about a User is retained for a period of 11 years from the termination of their last contract. Upon the expiration of the deadlines for the processing of personal data, the data is anonymized or deleted/destroyed unless:
- The relevant User has exercised their right to request the limitation of the processing of personal data relating to them.
Users have access to their personal information and can confirm that they are correct and up-to-date, as well as whether or not to receive materials from us or our partners through our Site by visiting their profile. They can also contact us at email@example.com. We strive to respond promptly to each email, but it is possible that there might be exceptions. Keep in mind that we store residual information in our databases, access registers, and other arrays, and this information may or may not contain your personal information. If you have questions about privacy, unresolved issues, or complaints, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users have the right to access the personal data relating to them:
- Users are entitled to obtain information from the Provider on whether personal data relating to them is being processed. If so, Users have the right to access the relevant data.
- Customers have the right to correct the personal data they submit when it is inaccurate or out of date:
- If the personal information processed by the Provider is inaccurate or outdated, Users are entitled to correct and update it.
- In some cases, Users may request the deletion of personal data when:
- Personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- The consumer has withdrawn their consent to the processing of personal data and there is no other legal basis for the processing of the same.
- The User has the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data for the purpose of marketing without limiting their right to use the services provided by the Provider.
- The customer has the right to data portability:
- Users have the right to obtain from the Provider the personal information that they submitted (such as the data provided when registering); this information shall be provided to the User in an organized, orderly, structured, and generally accepted electronic format (for example, in a .csv file).
- The right to appeal:
- If a User considers that the Provider is violating any applicable legal regulations, it is advisable to initially alert the Provider. If adequate measures are not taken by the Provider, the User has the right to file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Commission, and, after May 25, 2018, to a regulatory body within the EU.
Any User can exercise their rights by contacting the Provider at the specified email: email@example.com
Data Protection for Minors
We are unconditionally confident in the protection of the personal data of minors. In this regard, we do not collect or maintain information on our Site about minors without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are underage or a minor, please discuss your intention to use our services with your parents or guardians. We will take the necessary steps to remove personal information about a minor that has been submitted to our Site without parental or a guardian's consent as soon as we learn of the existence of such personal information.