Virtual Classroom – System Check: Camera
The fifth step, the camera check, makes sure that your camera is functional and working properly. It also checks if your internet connection is strong enough to send and receive camera streams.
Troubleshooting tips for the camera check
- The camera check step makes sure that your internal or external camera is functioning properly.
- In case your camera is an external one, make sure that you’ve inserted its cable fully into the USB port.
- If you are using an external camera, make sure that it works by pressing the power off/on
- Close any applications that may be using your camera (Skype, Viber, etc.)
- In case your camera requires any additional drivers or software needed to function properly,
make sure that it has been installed on your computer.
- Check and make sure that you have allowed access to your web camera in the web browser
you are using.
- Check if you have fully inserted the web camera’s plug(s) into the correct jack.
- In case you are plugging your web camera in for the first time, wait for the operating system to install
the correct drivers. You will see a similar window containing information regarding the successful installation.
- If the system check informs you that that it is receiving an invalid stream, you will see a drop-down menu with your available devices appear.
There are two possible reasons for this error:
- Another application is using the camera. Please double-check that no video conferencing applications (e.g. Skype, Viber, etc.) are currently running. In case any of those are running, please close them.
- Your web camera has more than one software driver installed. Please try selecting another device (web camera) from the drop-down menu and check if that device passes the check.
5.1. Google Chrome
When the confirmation window appears, choose “Allow” to allow your web camera access
and continue further:
If everything is working as expected, you will see a red dot on the browser tab confirming that your web
camera is currently in use.
5.2. Mozilla Firefox
When the confirmation window appears, choose the active web camera (whether the camera is integrated or external is irrelevant) and choose “Share Selected Device” to continue further.
When you see the confirmation window, choose the active web camera (whether the camera is integrated or external is irrelevant) and choose “Allow” to continue further.
- Make sure there is enough light in the room where the video conference is taking place.
- Make sure that the levels of background noise in the room are not too high.
- We recommend that you abide by the code of ethical conduct in terms of presentable attire, to
consider the appropriate position in front of the camera and to secure an environment
where disturbance is unlikely.
- If any issues continue to persist, please, contact the Customer Support Team by either
clicking on “Chat with us” button on the bottom right side of your screen or send us an
email on email@example.com.