Virtual Classroom – System Check: Microphone
The sixth step of the process, the microphone check, determines whether your microphone is working properly and checks if you can record audio with it. Also checks your internet connection.
Troubleshooting tips for the microphone check
- We recommend that you use a headset in order to avoid excessive feedback.
- Check and make sure that the microphone plug is well and fully inserted into the correct jack.
- Some microphones have a plug which resembles the one of headphones/speakers. Make sure that you have inserted the right plug into the right jack. Pay attention to the corresponding symbols.
- Check and make sure that your microphone is functioning properly. For instructions how
to do that see below.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray, in the bottom right-hand corner and select “Recording Devices”
- Select the currently active microphone and click on “Properties”.
- A new window will open; go to the “Levels” tab.
- Check that you haven’t muted the microphone or sound (the indicator for this is a red icon).
- If you’ve muted the sound, drag the slider or click on the red icon.
- Check and make sure you have allowed access to your microphone in the web browser
you are using.
When the confirmation window appears, choose “Allow” to allow access to your microphone and continue further:
When the confirmation window appears, choose the active microphone and choose “Share Selected Device” to continue further.
When the confirmation window appears, choose the active microphone, choose “Allow” to