Nikanor Ltd. is among the best centers for vocational training in Bulgaria. For more than 15 years they have been providing services in the field of human resources, various trainings for developing relevant professional skills and qualifications in over 20 different specialties, foreign language trainings, vocational trainings, and other trainings. The company has a network of 150+ teachers and works with individual learners, organizations, and institutions across the country.
What challenges did Nikanor face?
Prior to 2016, Nikanor Ltd. was using a platform for self-paced learning that could not cover all aspects of language teaching – reading, writing, speaking, and listening. What other challenges did they have to deal with?
- They could not communicate with their learners, so the training process was one-directional.
- There had limited options when it came to conducting various types of activities like listening and speaking.
How did Nikanor manage to grow using VEDAMO’s Virtual Classroom?
Nikanor Ltd. won a public procurement contract for the foreign language training (in 5 different languages) of 100+ civil servants from all over Bulgaria at the beginning of 2016. The learners were divided into small groups of 8-12 participants from different locations. The only way to organize the training was to conduct online sessions in real time.
This is how they solved the above-mentioned problems:
- the virtual classroom made it possible to teach learners from various locations.
- Nikanor could now cover all aspects of language teaching: speaking (through video-conferencing), writing (using the tools of the collaborative online whiteboard), reading (using the tools for visualising learning content), and listening (using the tool for reproducing audio and video files).
- They successfully won several public procurement contracts for conducting interactive online language sessions with each of the groups. Almost 90% of the participants chose to continue on to the next level using the same provider of vocational training.