E-learning is a wild educational sea. That’s why for the unprepared user it may seem difficult to navigate. In this article, we will cover some of the top global trends in the e-learning market, as well as, some important facts about digital education that will help you be a more skilled online teacher and learner.
In 2011, 51% of organizations guaranteed half of their employees at least one online course per year compared to only 39% in the previous year.
Every year more and more companies are beginning to offer mixed learning techniques. According to the National Research Business Institute, 23% of employees must take leave from work order to complete qualification programs, which leads to increased costs and other inconveniences for employers.
The global rise of e-learning makes learning easy for different audiences. That is why 90% of students consider online learning the same as or better than the traditional educational system.
One of the major global trends in e-learning is gamification, which is suitable for . both work and study environments. Additionally, the gamification market for the year 2016was an impressive $2.8 billion. Are you Iinterested in the virtual reality trend? Learn more here.
The e-learning market
The e-learning market has already made the shift towards offering digital content on demand. There are numerous surveys that show the link between higher levels of student’ engagement and the personalized approach that is used in the virtual classroom. Furthermore, this type of digital content is more likely to be accepted and retained over the long run.
Giving online students irrelevant content is a proven way to alienate an online group.
Online learning owes much of its success to the popularity of mobile devices and video. For example, 67% of people today use mobile devices to access learning options. Video is also a popular medium for learners. As a matter of fact, it is, predicted that by the end of 2019, videos will constitute 80% of all web traffic.
Facts about digital education
- 67% of people use mobile devices to access e-learning sites and options.
- 43% of people noted an increase in productivity when using a mobile device.
- The estimated market value of the global learning management system has increased by 5% over the last 3 years.
- Professionals expect that 50% of all classes will be delivered online by 2019.
- 90% of students prefer online learning over traditional learning or view them in the same way.
- Corporate e-learning has grown by nearly 900% over the past 10+ years.
- Around 77% of U.S. companies offer web-based training to improve their ’ employees’ skill levels
- E-learning is used by 42% of organizations.
- 67% of corporations offer some kind of digital education.
- 99% of users rely on e-learning to upgrade their skills and experience.
- The e-learning market is expected to hit $37.6 billion by 2020.
- Social learning approaches have a 75:1 Return on Investment (ROI) when used with electronic prep methods.
- 77% of the business professionals consider personalized learning a cornerstone of employee engagement.
- 94% of businesses attribute some of their success to personalized learning.
The rise of personalized learning
Personalized e-learning is undoubtedly a cutting-edge trend in the industry. Marketing professionals often use personalization to boost performance and, audience engagement,- something that, the learning industry is increasingly beginning to implement at a fast pace.
Personalized learning offers virtual learners only the content that they need Therefore, the learners can choose their own educational path and improve their skills.
Researches show that this approach has been a success and that it has gotten a better response from learners of all ages.
Current global markets also support this tendency. For example, Google, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon already offer personalized content. The world has become mores curated than ever, and that applies to e-learning as well.