Future Frontiers is an education charity organization. They work with schools and businesses across the UK to provide a program of coaching and access to professional role models to young disadvantaged people. They are running face-to-face programs bringing young people into businesses and matching them with a volunteer coach to work through a series of activities to help them think about the future, and to stay within education or employment.
What challenges did they face?
When coronavirus hits, they had to move the whole program online. They needed a solution that:
- is safe
- will allow them to monitor all the sessions
- is built around a learning environment, not just a video-conferencing tool
- is as close to their face-to-face program as possible
Why did they choose VEDAMO?
It met all the requirements. VEDAMO Virtual Classroom allows them to:
- have all the sessions recorded for safeguarding reasons
- have an admin account to be able to see all users and schedules of the sessions
- have an easy-to-use online whiteboard for coaches and students to work collaboratively through activities
- have a share-screen option that allows coaches to see the shared screen and the participant at the same time
Having an online session on VEDAMO feels like a young person and a coach sitting next to each other and working through activities.
Here is what Alice Harding, Head of Program Delivery, shares:
The values of our organization are making sure that young people have a better future, and that we are able to work with young people in an impactful way, and in a really safe way as well. VEDAMO aligns with that in their loads of safety features, being able to record the sessions, being able to access the sessions from an admin account, and being able to watch over the sessions, so that we can have a look and make sure that everyone is doing what they should be doing, and that we are delivering a really high-quality program.