Can’t open and/or enter a Virtual Classroom. Why?
Sometimes when opening and/or entering a Vedamo Virtual classroom you might stumble upon some difficulties. There are several possible reasons depending on your role and hence whether you’re trying to open or enter a virtual classroom.
Here are the several possible reasons why a tutor might not be able to open a virtual classroom:
- Another virtual classroom may already be opened. If that is the case, you won’t be able to open a new one until you close the open one.
- (LMS only) If you’re trying to open a room through your dashboard and the “Enter” button is not active there are 2 possible reasons:
- You are not assigned as a teacher for that particular lesson. If you need to be assigned, contact your Learning Management System‘s administrator.
- The lesson has not started yet. The event on your calendar specifies the start time of the lesson. Teachers that are assigned to a course can open a classroom session no more than 1 hour before the start of the session and up to 6 hours later.
- If you start opening the room and an error message is shown during the system check. In this case, you can find some troubleshooting tips, including a video guide and instructions (in .pdf format) on each step of the system check. More on that here. If you continue experiencing these issues after following the steps in the tutorials, please contact customer support.
If you’re having trouble entering the virtual classroom as a student, there are several possible reasons why:
- You’re trying to enter a virtual classroom but receive a message that the room has been locked, then the tutor has manually locked it to prevent participants who are not already in the room from entering. This may be because the lesson has already started (i.e. you’re trying to enter late), or because the host has decided that the session is full and cannot allow any more participants to enter.
- You start opening the room, but get an error message during the system check. You can find some troubleshooting tips, including a video guide and instructions (in .pdf format) on each step. More on that here. If you continue experiencing these issues after following the steps in the tutorials, please contact customer support.
- (LMS only) If you log into your account and go to your dashboard, but cannot see the lesson you want to participate in, you’re most likely not subscribed to that lesson.
- (LMS only) If you log into your account, go to your dashboard and find your lesson there, but cannot click the Enter button (it is grayed out), then the tutor hasn’t opened the room for the lesson yet.
Note: As we offer a Waiting room option that can be enabled in the settings, there may be the case that the participants can not enter the session until they are allowed by the teacher. If this is the case, please refer to the abovementioned article for more information regarding this setting.