Templates (Diskette icon) are a tool for teachers to save their room configuration including:
- created sheets – all pages on the whiteboard in all groups;
- uploaded files – everything you have uploaded;
- created groups – the groups you have created and the sheets in them.
- media player files – the media files present in your media player, as well as their positions in the playlist.
Create a Template
Only tutors have access to template creation, which they can only do from inside the room.
- Create a new room;
- Upload the files and materials you need;
- Create as much content as you’ll need for the lesson – sheets, groups, media playlist, etc.
Click on Templates (Diskette icon) to open the menu for Templates. Enter template name and click on “Create template” to save your template.
When you save the template you will see it appear in the list.
WARNING: Templates will not save correctly if you hit the “Create” button before the files are fully processed and converted. Wait for the files to convert before creating the template.
Load a Template
To load a template you need to enter a room (either new or reused).
Click on the Templates (Diskette icon) to view the list of templates, then click on the one you wish to load.
WARNING: Templates will not load if the files have not converted yet. This is why it’s important that you wait for the files to convert.
Example: You upload a video file (or a .pdf with many pages) and the file is still processing (there is no Play or Add button next to it in your Upload box), then you save the template. You will only be able to load the template once the system has converted the files.