Virtual classroom observers
The observer’s role gives you the opportunity to monitor a virtual classroom session. You can join the session without other participants seeing you and you will not be able to use any of the functionalities in the room.
What can an observer do?
- Be present a session without being seen by others
- See who the participants in the session are
- See and hear other participants
- Check what has been written in the chat
- Go to all of the groups/breakout rooms (if there are any)
- See what has been uploaded in the File Library and download files from there
- Watch video/audio files played in the Media Player
How to enter the room as an observer?
There are two options for an observer to enter the room.
To be invited by the teacher/host of the virtual classroom session.
This can be done if the host enters an observer’s email address in the Advanced Settings menu when starting a new live session.
Once the session has been started the observer will receive an email invitation with a link to join in.
The link will redirect you to the session and before you join you will have to agree with VEDAMO`s latest policies.
Admin enters as an observer (the second way).
If you are an admin in the organization you will be able to enter the session as an observer.
You have to find the particular session first. Then when you press the “Enter the Classroom” button you will be redirected to the next login page.
There you will have to check “Enter as observer” option before entering the room.
NOTE: You can find out more about the roles in VEDAMO platform in the “User administration” article and you can read how to create user accounts in your VEDAMO LMS in the LMS Registration for users article.